During tier restrictions and lockdown, almost every client buying or selling property is understandably asking this question.
Since March 2020, when the first coronavirus lockdown came into place in the UK, we have reviewed and developed our systems to put in place practices which will assist keep you, our staff, and families safe.
The most recent stay at home guidance from the Scottish Government states, “activities in connection with moving home (including viewing a property), are permitted as long as the correct health and safety procedures are in place. The latest Scottish Government advice is accessible here: Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance on moving home (www.gov.scot)
Our normal removal operations continue in line with the above and we have implemented the following safeguards to minimise risk:
- Prior to removal, please ensure that no other tradespeople or visitors will be attending your home at the time of removal.
- Where possible, please have a separate toilet facility available for our crew to use.
- Please ensure that no pets such as cats and dogs are able to wander freely in the house.
- Our removal staff have been issued with face coverings, gloves and hand sanitiser. Our vehicles are being regularly cleaned and we keep records for the purposes of track and trace.
- Upon arrival on moving day, the crew leader will meet with you and carry out a socially distanced walkthrough. Thereafter, we ask that you remain in one room, distanced from the removal crew until completion.
- We recommend that your property is thoroughly cleaned before and after removal.
In terms of pre-move surveys:
- Our surveyor is attending properties for clients still happy to have a site visit carried out, whilst wearing a face covering and gloves.
- Social distancing of two metres is being maintained where possible.
- You will be responsible for opening all cupboard doors to show the contents and therefore minimise what our representative is touching.
- Where householders are still shielding, video surveys can be arranged on a number of online platforms which can provide us with the relevant information for quoting.
We know that current events may add to your stress when moving home. Rest assured that we have put these measures in place to reduce avoidable anxiety during what should be a very exciting time in your life!
Should you have any further questions about how we are operating at this time or wish to enquire about how we can assist you, please tell us here, call 01224 569569 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to receive your move estimate from Shore Porters